National Professional Qualification System (HRDA Cyprus)
A Professional Qualification System (PQS) is intended toadvance human resources by describing for each level skill requirements and evaluation criteria. Human Resource Development in Cyprus is the owner of the national PQS, a project funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) under the Operational Program “Employment, Human Capital and Social Cohesion”. This far the national PQS covers 72different occupations in various sectorsand another 80 will be added very soon.
IHE (Innovative Hospitality Education) providesprofessional training and develops the skills of professionals in a way that allows them to achieve their full potential and enrich their career prospects. The learners earn access to innovative education, and have the opportunity to gain a professional certification through the national PQS which eventually works as an endorsement for their knowledge and skills.
Hospitality Professional Certifications covered under the national PQS are:
- Front Office (Level 4 & 5)
- Food and Beverage Preparation (Level 3,4 & 5)
- Cooking and preparation food (Level 3,4 & 5)
- Housekeeping (Level 3,4 & 5)
- Tourist Office Operations (Level 4 & 5)
- Bakery (Level 4)
- Confectionery (Level 4 & 5)
- Beverage Preparation and Service (Level 4)